Monday, April 27, 2015

Island Knitting Retreat Pt.1

Earlier this month I was invited by Jim and Cat to attend Cat's Island Knitting Retreat. I'd never been to Washington, or on a sea plane, but that was about to change. After landing in Seattle, some of Jim's relatives picked us up. What a fabulous family. I thought we had a pretty good view of the Space Needle while driving. I didn't realize that the sea plane would afford us an even better one.

An hour later we landed at San Juan Island at Friday Harbor.
Thanks for the great picture, Cat!

Although not apparent in this image, I got to sit in the co-pilot seat. It was great fun!
 Thanks for getting this image, too, Cat.

Cat picked Jim and I up and we immediately set out to have a picnic on a beach. Silly me. I had packed myself a sandwich for lunch. It was completely unnecessary. We gorged ourselves.

After a few other stops, I was dropped off at Lakedale Resort. You would think that I wouldn't need a dinner after all that, but I met up with some other knitters and we went out to the Cask And Schooner. It was a pleasure getting to meet some of the people I was going to spend the rest of the week with. But by the end of the day, I was pretty pooped. I had one last look at the view from my door before passing out for the night.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the beginning of a marvellous weekend. I am looking forward to reading the rest!

Anonymous said...

That sounds so fantastic! I've always wanted to fly on a sea plane — landing on water just seems so crazy.

Andi G said...

Yay! How fun. Can't wait to hear and see more.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...