Saturday, January 19, 2013

Look! Yarn!

Hey everyone. Today was the first day in a week that I've had an opportunity to sit down and blog. In this past week I made a big life change, took a quick trip up north to get some of The Book stuff done, and had a serious look at my yarn stash. I also have gone through everyone's future blog post suggestions and compiled a large list. I hope to get going on it when the big life change feels less overwhelming. So in the meantime, let's have a look at the skein of yarn I treated myself to yesterday. It's Malabrigo Sock in the Pocion colorway.

Edit: I wasn't really sure when or how to share this, but I might as well go ahead and say what the big life change is. It still feels weird, but I've given notice at my job so I can finish The Book and work on the companion shawl to Celestarium. I liked my job quite a bit, so it was a difficult decision. But it became very clear in the last week that I needed to make a choice between finishing The Book or continuing at work. There wasn't enough time to do both anymore. My last day of work will be on my birthday. I like my work enough that there isn't anywhere I'd rather be on my birthday.

10 comments :

Britney said...

glad to hear that you took a trip for work on The Book!
lovely muted colors on that malabrigo~

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you told us what the big life change was. I was feeling worried! Congratulations on taking another step towards finishing your book. It will be good to have time to focus on it completely.

I can't wait to see the second Celestarium! I look up at the sky every night and wonder when I'll have that around my shoulders. I have the yarn ready and waiting... no pressure! ;) Thank you for designing it!!

Anonymous said...

PS: That is a cool photo. The yarn will make good socks. Or is it for a shawl?

Maryse said...

Very nice Malabrigo and good luck with the big life change!

Anonymous said...

I love the yarn. Malabrigo is one of my absolute favorites! I just bought a couple of hanks yesterday myself:) Good Luck with the BIG LIFE CHANGE! It takes courage to change our life in a big way. You can do it!
Hugs to you Girl,
Danette

Pumpkin said...

That is very poetic to have your last day of work on your birthday closing a chapter in your life and the bright beginning of another. I am so excited to hear that you are working on the Book and the second Celestarium! I wish you all the best with your big life change!

Unknown said...

That is very big news, I wish you the best of luck! And also, happy birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! And sorry to hear about the job, although, hopefully, the book will make up for it.

José said...

Wow, what a brave decision ! You go girl ! Good luck with The Book, and happy knitting with that lovely Malabrigo :)

Vivian said...

We will miss your presence at the store! It's cool you want to wrap things up on your birthday, and I still think it's neat you share the same birthday as my son (gee, that makes me feel really old).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...